Thursday, May 12, 2016

If You Can't Say Anything Nice ...

... you must be talking about the PMUA.

Geez, I thought I would convey some good news from Tuesday's PMUA meeting, but all it did was reawaken the wrath of objectors.

I am deleting a bunch of comments that were repetitive and/or mean

The saying, "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me," is attributed to Alice Roosevelt Longworth, also sometimes to Dorothy Parker or Gertrude Stein. The opposite saying, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" is widespread, some saying it came from the Bible. Click here to see a Disney take on the saying.

After Monday's outburst from Danny Dunn, maybe the rules for public comment at City Council meetings should include a Thumper codicil.

--Bernice

1 comment:

  1. I also believe the council as a whole should have condemned and stopped Danny Dunn's rant. This time it was Rebecca, but next time it could be someone else.

    And please do not ever tell me that Danny Dunn tells people to have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete