Thursday, February 14, 2013

Be Kind In Comments

Some recent comments have not been posted because they describe people as "brainless," "slime," "pigs," or make allegations about people not paying their taxes. I don't feel like dialing up the tax collector to check on folks; if they haven't paid, they will show up on the next tax delinquent list for all to see.

As far as tossing epithets at elected officials, I know it is a favorite indoor sport in the Queen City but I don't see how it advances our understanding of the issues. If you want me to push "Publish" instead of "Delete," please try to say what you feel needs to be improved and how you think that can happen, or point something out without the personal insults.

This caution is not just because it is Valentine's Day and everything is supposed to be bluebirds and roses, it is just my wish for a more civil tone in comments.

Now listen to something nice and have a Happy V'Day!

1 comment: