Thursday, March 2, 2017

"Go High" in 2017

On my love/hate meter for blogging, the needle is currently veering to "hate," as the comments get ugly.

This happens before every primary, but even after 16 years of reporting and more than 11 years of blogging, the virulence still catches me off guard. I declined to post many recent comments because they contained vulgar language or were otherwise unprintable. One tried to use my blog to promote a notorious troll who gears up before primaries and just spouts venom.

Please, people, make your points without calling names. I think the issue in 2017 is how well a candidate is committed to delivering responsible municipal government, because I feel local government will be under attack from state and federal levels soon. It is a time for resolve, not drama. There is plenty of that from above.

--Bernice

6 comments:

  1. Thank you, Bernice. I do think the Mapp administration has done a pretty good, but not perfect job for Plainfield. The other candidates have a record of working for special interests, so I cannot support them. I hoe people look at what Mapp has done as mayor and what Tracy Brown and Bridget Rivers have done in the past. I think their record and who's lead they have followed is important to make an informed decision. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but now Mapp is in cahoots with green. So which way is up ?

      Delete
  2. I urge all bloggers to post only those comments when the person identifies with their first and last names. I wonder if we are moving in the wrong direction now that we have an anonymous blogger writing about the Board of Education. Anonymous bloggers posting anonymous comments? People have given their lives for us to have and protect the freedom of speech. What are you afraid of?

    Cory Storch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And how do you verify that is the actual name?
      Abe Lincoln

      Delete
  3. Cory - anonymous posters truly do not believe in their opinion. They are cowards who have nothing better to do - I believe that Bernice should not allow anonymous posts - but its her blog and her decision.

    ReplyDelete