Saturday, June 5, 2010

Kitchen Repairs Not Complete

Today is my fourth day without use of the kitchen, as repairs continue following Wednesday morning's ceiling collapse. While the response was swift, it is a bit disconcerting not to be able to cook or wash dishes in the usual way. The contents of some cabinets had to be packed up and stuff is piled around the front room. Prior to this latest mishap, we had several others, about one a month for the past year, so there was already disarray.

So I am taking a day off from blogging today. If the work is finished today, I will have a big clean-up job on my hands, as the work has generated a lot of dust and debris and more is expected.

So have a lovely day, go to the concert in Cedar Brook Park, admire the Shakespeare Garden and be glad your ceiling did not collapse this week!

--Bernice

3 comments:

  1. I am glad my ceiling didn't collapse as I have a broken switch ( the switch itself physically snapped in half ) for my bathroom light that has taken my landlord a MONTH to even get someone to look at. I had told him that if he would let me have access to the breaker box I would be willing to replace the switch myself and would have paid for the switch also simply to get it done. But no....we have to wait until we can find the perfect person to look at it, which they did yesterday and I get to come home to find out if it really was fixed. My landlord operates like Plainfield and NJ Government...have to study the problem, then evaluate the problem, have a meeting about the problem, find a solution to the problem, then attempt to solve the problem.....Sad I am missing the concert, hope you get to go enjoy it! I feel for you with your ceiling..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope this is all done today, Bernice, so that you, too, can enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it's fixed by now! It's a good excuse to eat out, though. But I certainly understand the upheaval. I personally hate hassles like that intruding on my life. Here, it's usually the bathroom ceiling coming down. That's better than the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete