Saturday, May 5, 2012

Remembering Tiffany Corbett

The outpouring of fond memories and appreciation of Tiffany Corbett is very consistent with a small encounter my neighbor and I had with her some time ago.

My neighbor was raising her grandson and had asked me whether I would accompany her to the high school for Back to School night. I agreed, and we made the rounds of classrooms to visit all his teachers.

As I recall, some were perfunctory in their remarks, one who came out of the corporate world to teach was very engaging, others were eager to report minor infractions. When we got to Tiffany Corbett's classroom, we  realized she was the real deal - a teacher who knew and loved her students, who was determined to infuse them with her passion for learning about the world and who expected them to perform at the highest of their ability.

We walked home discussing our experience and we almost had to chuckle in admiration of Tiffany Corbett. Her energy and empathy made her unique - and unforgettable.

--Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment