Saturday, August 10, 2013

Packet Missing, No Council Details

Wah! After an exciting stolen vehicle episode this morning, I went to the Plainfield Public Library to ferret out details on council matters. But there was no packet. Sleuthing will have to wait.

On the other hand, maybe I did my quota of sleuthing in general earlier. I had gone out to attack the weeds, but noticed odd bits of debris near the garages and a strange van parked there. I guessed maybe I was looking at the aftermath of a burglary or car theft, and once some Plainfield Police Division officers arrived, they concurred. The vehicle was a massive SUV. The debris included personal paperwork, a photo and grooming items, as well as an envelope with a name and address linking it to a stolen vehicle report from Thursday.

Why the malefactors picked our back lot to dump off the vehicle, I don't know, but it is a very deep lot and out of public view. The owner was notified, the vehicle was towed, and I picked up my schedule where I left off. Alas, no packet as of 10:30 a.m., but I did find two books I wanted to read after hearing the authors interviewed on WNYC.

I will try to get more information Monday before the meeting, which is 7:30 p.m. in Municipal Court. Otherwise, read all about it on Tuesday.

--Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment