Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Candidates: See and Judge for Yourself

It took me a very long time to come up with my report on the mayoral portion of the NAACP forum for several reasons. One, I was battling fatigue and the brain fog that goes with it. Two, I despaired of getting it right and wasted many hours trying to figure out a format.

Even so, it is not word-for-word and I didn't include a couple of the questions. If it was verbatim, that would be a transcript, which I can't produce (and shouldn't, for a simple blog report).

As comments today already attest, people pick up nuances that register with them and help form their opinions on who deserves their vote. It might be body language, choice of words or political shadings that either attract or repel the audience member. I had a few reactions myself that I will keep in mind behind the curtains of the voting booth.

It is the importance of the change that makes me feel every voter possible should see and hear the mayoral candidates. The city will have a new direction for the next four years - what will it be?

I am wondering how I can comprehensively report on the upcoming forum and am almost convinced that I can't. Unless you already have your mind firmly made up, you, the voter, have to be there yourself and see what you think.

Candidates' Forum
LWV of Plainfield
6:30 p.m. Wednesday
Emerson School

No comments:

Post a Comment