Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Going Down in Flames


File:Bonfire Flames.JPG
My attempt to provide some election information has unfortunately set off a flame war of sorts among friends and foes of various elected officials. I am holding several comments that do nothing to advance public understanding of the electoral process. It appears that 2016 is going to be a rough year for local politics.

So we must say later for the haters and the baiters. Election news and advisories will go on without inflammatory comments. I'm sure you will see them elsewhere.

As for the commenter who goes by "Truth Jones," you may be jonesing for the truth, but if you can't even spell your own blog address right, I guess we won't have the benefit of your erudition on local politics anytime soon.

--Bernice

4 comments:

  1. As you are aware Bernice there is a very simple solution - sign your name.

    No pen names, initials, alias, pseudonyms and the like.

    Will it stifle the debate and reduce page views on your blog? Yeah, some. But do we really need that type of debate. And if folks need to be fueled they can turn on Fox or CNN this year, or they can watch a Council meeting on the Plainfield cable channel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt it would reduce page views, it may reduce the number of comments Bernice post. My philosophy, if you’re brave enough to write it or if it’s something you feel strongly about – sign your name or shut up.

      Robin B.

      Delete
  2. Hi Bernice. How sad. When I said in your post of Jan. 7 "Let's Start Over in 2016," that I hoped this would be year of folks taking the high road, I guess I didn't think it would be so short lived. I think Jim is right, but also recognize many folks don't have the courage of their convictions and those that hide while trashing others should go find other forums and leave important venues like yours for fair and open dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that owning what you post is important; however, some people can not expose themselves to the citizens of Oz, for fear or retaliation of some form. Sometimes it is that simple.

    ReplyDelete