Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Debates Are Over, Now VOTE Nov. 6!

I watched Monday's debate (or as much as the cat would allow) and I agree with the pundits who gave it to Obama. My vote was for him anyway since the day he announced a second-term bid, despite my concerns over drone killing and some other policies.
Romney has ultimately come across to me as brittle and too willing to change to suit the range of constituencies within his party. But the worst thing to me is how he touts his ability to gain consensus on important issues when his party from Day One vowed openly to fight the president at every turn and ensure that he would be just a one-term president. It reminded me of schoolyard bullies.
President Obama has refused to be broken by political thuggery and in my opinion has brought a new way of thinking to the White House, one that I trust more than Romney's outlook on America. I am voting for the man who, in my mind, has the acumen needed to guide the nation through the next four years, and that is Barack Obama.

Regardless of my opinion or anyone else's, please go to the polls on Nov. 6 and vote for the candidates of your choice. In the general election, you can vote for any individuals, regardless of party, who you feel are the best for the office they seek.

You will soon receive your sample ballot. Look at it carefully, as locally there are two new categories of candidates, those for the school board and for the Charter Study Commission. Plainfielders can also vote for a Congressional District 12 candidate, new since redistricting after the 2010 Census. Make sure you note the entire list of voting choices, including the three questions, and check your polling place. Then go vote on Nov. 6!

--Bernice

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for a well put opinion on why the President should remain in office. I also am turned off by Romney's wishy-washyness, new word, and his ability to blow with the wind and have no backbone. We have no clue how he will act if in the whitehouse and that scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. High unemployment, high energy costs, high food prices ... Can't afford 4 more years of the President's failed policies so for me this is a no-brainer. My vote won't count, but I'll cast it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous 10:46 - when you make up statistics to match your thinking it makes sense but some of those issues (unemployment) take both parties to solve and the GOP hasn't lifted a finger. Energy prices are primarily market driven so you should applaud the GOP "free market" for working (also area energy is also regulated by the state so thank Christie too) and food prices are actually quite low historically. Lots of room for debate on all issues but it helps when people take some time to understand the big picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with 3:03 and 10:46. I am so tired of working hard to give away so much of my paycheck to support entitlement programs and a government deficit that grows by leaps and bounds. And what the heck does "make the rich pay their fair share" really mean? Because they make more they pay more? Oh yes to cover those who can't be bothered to work hard - and we have come full circle. What is fair is a flat tax where everyone pays the same percentage even it were tiered by income levels

    ReplyDelete
  5. So folks, when next November comes and we need to vote for the mayor, we will NOT be voting for Sharon, correct?

    Becasue everything you just said is multiplies hundreds of time in this city.

    ReplyDelete