Thursday, December 11, 2014

Holiday Season

Walking home from the post office today, I noticed two new candelabras flanking the holiday tree.
One was for Hanukah and one was for Kwanzaa.
I suppose the wreaths on City Hall could represent my favorite winter holiday, the Winter Solstice.
The Christmas tree (or holiday tree for the PC) in the rotunda is a vision in gold and silver.
One of my neighbors from Block 832 saw me and insisted on borrowing my camera to snap my picture.
My bag was empty - all my crocheted snowflakes and some crocheted infinity scarves are on their way to Seattle.

I hope all are enjoying the season, whatever holiday is your focus.

--Bernice

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all you do. Happy Holidays to you, Bernice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that so many customs and holidays are represented. It has been many years since we have acknowledged that there are other celebrations beside Christmas. Well done, Mayor Mapp!!!

    ReplyDelete