Saturday, September 29, 2012

Rain Lacking In Seattle

Every time I say I am going to Seattle, someone says, "But doesn't it rain all the time out there?"

Actually, on most trips I have enjoyed lots of sunny days.

This time, the browned landscape I saw as the plane landed showed the effects of a prolonged dry spell out here. Of course, I had to get out and do some yard work at Audrey's home (even brought my special handmade denim apron) and the soil was almost powdery in spots.

Click here to read more about this nearly record-breaking phenomenon.

Some are invoking the departure of baseball player Ichiro as the karmic reason for the drought. By chance, Ichiro is the name of the household kitty out here. He was given the name at a shelter and Audrey and Peter kept it when they adopted him.

He was moping quite a bit after his cat parents left for San Francisco, but as all in thrall to cats will testify, they soon warm up to humans who offer food, especially "kitty crack" such as dried shrimp treats.

--Bernice

2 comments:

  1. Does Mau know you're feeding another cat treats? Hmm ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you, glad you are staying in touch.

    ReplyDelete