Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Seattle Images

Seen from the plane Thursday morning - the mountains were shrouded in fog. But every day has been sunny.
I was glad to leave mosquitoes behind in New Jersey. Seattle has none, just lots of spiders. Their webs are all over.
I think they are orb weavers. They spin new webs constantly.
Seattle has had very little rain this summer, but some plants have prospered anyway. This Fuchsia popped up like a weed in one part of the yard.
Here are two young Smoke Trees. Everyone's lawn is very dry right now.
On Friday, I walked a hilly route to the Westwood Village shopping center.
The QFC had lots of plants for sale.
These Chinese Lanterns had an autumnal look.
Seattle was instituting upgrades to its already very fine bus system. Seattle Metro people were handing out new schedules and maps and giving a close-up of the new RapidRide bus. Innovations will mean faster rides and more frequent service, as often as every 10 minutes at peak hours.
 Westwood Village has a Target, Staples and many, many more shops, including this liquor store that replaces a state-run store.
Back at home, Ichiro and I spent a lot of time outside. His agenda was prowling and snoozing. Mine was yard work and bird watching.
As always, coffee rules in Seattle! Here's my first cup on Monday.

We are not planning any sight-seeing on this trip, maybe just some shopping downtown and otherwise staying close to home. Ichiro and I were both glad to have Audrey and Peter back late Sunday night from their trip to San Francisco.

I will be interested to hear what went on at the City Council meeting. My flight back is on Thursday, so I will see my fellow bloggers and council mavens at Tuesday's regular meeting.

--Bernice

7 comments:

  1. Tops Bernice !!
    THANK YOU .... love seeing your pics from the PNW !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time Ms. Paglia

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photographs, Bernice. I especially love the coffee photo.

    As far as the city council meeting goes, all I can ask is...don't you love farce?

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the photos! I'd rather spiders than mosquitoes any day. Well, as long as they don't come down next to my tuffet.

    Huh. My word verification was "Afromony" That must be payment for a hairstyle after the break-up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bernice,

    Hope you are having a good time. Two more days for us and then you're back - yea!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mountain picture is a classic and worth having a hard copy. Get back in time to cover Monday's meeting; the public deserves a professional report.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The meeting is Tuesday, Monday is a holiday,Columbus.

      Delete