Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sandy Images Part 2

Sandy blew the roof hatch off our building. Neighbors retrieved it from the city parking lot next door and some workers put it back.
Among many downed trees, here's one in Library Park. (Click any image to enlarge)
The library remains closed with no power.
Library Director Joe Da Rold and I saw this uprooted tree on the library's sidewalk.
This is the building where 20 people had to be evacuated after a generator, illegally placed indoors, endangered them from carbon monoxide fumes. Mark Spivey reported on the incident.
Don't ask me why, as a renter, I own a leaf blower, but here I am wielding it before the storm to keep the drains clear.
Tree, pole, wires down by Swain's Gallery.
Union County Public Works cleans up the mess. Now where is PSE&G?
This is the canister gas line on East Second Street. The car line is west of the gas station.
" ... but He still loves you" reads the sign at It's A Wrap cafe on Park Avenue. Chef D opened his place up to the community as an expression of his faith.
Free soup, coffee, Wi-Fi and charging outlets!
Chef D also provided food. Thanks, Chef D! I am blogging right now from the cafe.
On my escape to Westfield Friday, I saw these workers very busy cleaning up at Trader Joe's.
This bank in Westfield's center is being converted to an Urban Outfitters store. Workers were busy remodeling with the help of generators.
Westfield's iconic statue looked down on a sad scene.
On my long walk from Westfield to Fanwood, I passed the Union County Board of Elections and was hoping everybody can cast their votes Tuesday, or before by mail. Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. VOTE!!

--Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment