Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Bootsy Collins Effect?


A telltale sign that the mail has been delivered to our building is a rubber band on the hallway floor. We also see rubber bands in the driveway or on the porch. It makes us wonder how many rubber bands get dropped  across the city as mail is delivered daily to thousands of properties, six days a week. It's a small thing in the overall scheme of things, but these rubber bands can add to debris that goes into city storm sewers and the annual tab must add to the USPS operating burden. Do you see them near your mailbox?

--Bernice

3 comments:

  1. Pat Turner KavanaughMarch 24, 2013 at 12:39 PM

    Bernice: this has bugged me for years. My mailbox has a hook for magazines. I hang the rubber bands there as a reminder. Much as I like our postman, I haven't made much difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernice, very clever with the Bootsy reference and of course his band was Bootsy's rubber band. But here is a trivia for you, what was Bootsy's alter ego and name. Along with what street did Bootsy reside on when he did live here in P.

    Play on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must defer to Bootsy's web site on this one
      http://bootsycollins.com/about/

      A story - when I worked in a special ed school, I won over one of my toughest kids by making him some Bootsy star glasses out of poster board.

      Delete