Thursday, June 13, 2013

Belin:" I Am No One's Candidate"

Plaintalker is receiving (and holding) comments from anonymous pundits who are speculating about independent candidates. In response to Plaintalker's question, Do you want to respond to people who are already surmising you are John Campbell's candidate? I started hearing this as soon as the filings were confirmed., D. Scott Belin replied:

Thank you for posting the release. In regards to questions asking whose candidate I am; Plainfields'. I hope for and will appreciate the vote of any Plainfield resident that is truly in favor of a real change to the way we have unsuccessfully attempted to progress this city in the past. After analyzing the trending numbers, one can argue, the voters did not perceive much of a choice in the primary. If you take away a 25% bump from the party line the two democrats were fairly close in vote percentage. It seems the real winner was the party, not necessarily one candidate.
As I have listened to, and will continue to do so in the coming months, residents are tired of the lack of forward motion and choices. We are victim to party fighting, lack of new choices and polarization. I am no ones' candidate. I truly have Plainfields' interest at heart. I do not wish to win to be re-elected or aspire for higher office or a payday. I wish the best Plainfield we can have and it is necessary to have a Mayor not managed by party politics to achieve that goal. A Mayor who can negotiate from a position of strength rather one who must deal with party priorities and mandate. I suspect I will receive votes from voters throughout the city, from all parties. Once voters go behind the curtain their vote is theirs. No one need know they cast their vote for a better Plainfield by voting for D. Scott Belin. I encourage those who wish to label me, to get to know me before they make up their minds. I believe those who want a better Plainfield will be pleasantly surprised to find a candidate who Puts Plainfield First.

No comments:

Post a Comment