Friday, December 5, 2014

Yvonne Begone

"Yvonne," a new commenter who seems to be an agent for Jerry Green, used my mention of Park-Madison in an anecdote to launch an attack on the Park Hotel. Gee, there must be an election coming up, as this is one of JG's favorite targets, dating all the way back to 2007, when he made an election pledge to close it..

I looked into the matter at the time and posted some facts regarding the status of the Park Hotel, along g with notes on other issues affecting the neighborhood. I also got an interview with the head of a social service agency that works with Park Hotel residents

Of course, that was in 2007 and some things have changed in the neighborhood, notably the departure of the juveniles who were always creating some kind of trouble.We still have quite a few homeless people and petty criminals at Park & Seventh.

As for the Park Hotel,  JG and his minions have long used it as a political brickbat against certain candidates and it appears 2015 will be the year to bash Cory Storch.

I am printing the comment here so people can judge for themselves where "Yvonne" is coming from.

Speaking about Park-Madison, let’s talk about the Park Hotel boarding home. The place is a rat hold; it needs to be closed down immediately.

The site has become a safe haven for criminals and hoodlums.

The people residing there come from other cities, serving no purpose or need to the residents of Plainfield. Plainfield is in crisis and needs all the support it can get.

Besides, the word out is that Councilman Cory Storch has cunningly used this facility to benefit himself. He works for Bridgeway, a rehabilitation center.

He is taking those individuals off the tax rolls. If they are not contributing tax dollars, that’s what happens.

But I wonder if they did anyway? They would probably see a refund as noted by the writer above.
"Yvonne" submitted two previous comments , one with a link to Jerry's blog. Jerry has cleaned up his blog and is trying to behave in a statesmanlike manner after his 2013 Election Day tantrum, so it appears he has handed off the mudslinging to others. If I do publish comments from "Yvonne" in the future, just take them for what they likely are - campaign stinkbombs.

--Bernice

11 comments:

  1. well.... she's pointing a stick isn't she ?? I'm not always the biggest fan of "vote the party line" and "gee, why won't things change Storch", but using his position to gain financially....sounds like a few others on city council who approve change amongst other things on the PMUA ... not him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the firm Cory Storch works for, Bridgeway, does exactly what Chairman Jerry Green is wishing for at the Park Hotel.

    As I understand it Bridgeway sets up housing for people who have disabilities and challenges whether in apartments or homes. The locations are spread out through communities around the state. The individual either lives alone or in a small groups and they are visited by medical professionals as needed - they may have full time care, or they may be visited daily or weekly.

    I have no expertise in this area but I think the days of the large institution are a thing of the past.

    I just don't understand why Green and/or his people attack Storch for something they have been seeking for years. And at the same time make innuendos that Storch is associated with the Park Hotel when he actually provides services that are the complete opposite of the hotel.

    Am I right or am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne is definitely one of Jerry's kids. You have to almost feel sorry for her, being a tool for Jerry. Jerry is one of the dirtiest politicians in this state and I told Cory Booker that I refuse to back him because of him giving his name to the garbage Jerry pumped out during the primary. I wonder why others on the city council aren't looking into the Park Hotel. It's Gloria Taylor's problem isn't it. I guess Yvonne didn't check where the Wards are in Plainfield. She is a joke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the entire city's problem.

      RB

      Delete
  4. An old political ploy is to make a ruckus threatening some business. It sounds good to the public and shakes loose some money from the affected party either as campaign contributions, jobs, or contracts. I always suspected Green's attack on the Park Hotel was just that. That he and SRB did nothing for 7 years suggests that. Guess it is time to shake the money tree again.

    As for the Park Hotel, while service should be better, it provides a valuable community service in providing shelter and meals for its residents. A compassionate and fair politician should advocate for improvements, not talk of closing down the only living option these people have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'm not one of JG kids, but I certainly agree the Park Madison facility has become a major problem in the community and no one seems to want to address this issue.
    RB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you mean the Park Hotel, not Park Madison.

      Delete
  6. The Park Hotel is in the 3rd Ward. Storch is the councilor for the 2nd Ward. No connection there! I'm sure JG wants to go after Storch next year, but before he gets too het up about it he should look at the returns for 2nd and 3rd ward in this year's primary and general elections.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing how people will look like asses for Ass. Green.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You mention I’m a “Jerry Green Supporter”. You, Rebecca Williams and “Bob” say things like I’m a “Jerry Green kid”.

    I am someone who is interested in fair, professional politics. I will continue to appreciate anyone in politics with a cool head who gets the job done, and I will continue to criticize mud-slinging and pointless griping. In all your complaints about Jerry Green, you come off like gossiping high schoolers, all noise and nothing of substance.

    Please tell me, once and for all: what is your problem with Jerry Green, other than the fact that he is successful?

    When you start accomplishing things for Plainfield,

    Bernice, Dave and Rebecca, I’ll be the first to endorse you. In the meantime, I am going to continue to advocate for people who can bring real-world results to Plainfield, whoever they may be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My comment was, "who seems to be an agent for Jerry Green." I did not say what you put in quotation marks.

      BTW, I don't need your endorsement for something I have been doing for nine years, which is writing about municipal government, land use cases and the political scene in Plainfield, among other things. Go on and advocate all you want, your beads have been read.

      Delete