Monday, August 13, 2012

Watch Out For Wrigglers

This morning I walked over to Library Park to see whether the benches had actually been removed. I saw a few benches and found the park quite clean. However, on the Eighth Street side I saw something that reminded me of another issue, mosquito control.
This structure has standing water on top - not much, but enough to support the development of mosquito larvae. When I took a close look, I could see some "wrigglers" in this shallow puddle.
Click to learn more about the life cycle of mosquitoes.

My neighbor and I and probably many more Plainfielders have itchy mosquito bites right now that make us try to think of ways to prevent them from invading our yards. The best prevention is to interrupt their growth cycle by depriving them of places to lay eggs.
Maybe today's sun will dry up this puddle and solve the problem.

--Bernice

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bernice,

    The city needs to be proactive where they can prevent this from happening. I live across the street from the library and park and this concerns me. I hope the fix this item so water won't collect on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bob,

    Get some off

    ReplyDelete