Sunday, May 24, 2015

Regarding Comments

As expected, most recent comments have included personal attacks on individuals, including myself. I would like to remind people that this blog is a purely voluntary venture and I have no obligation to publish any comments. It is almost 10 years now that I began reporting on municipal government, land use decisions and PMUA to the best of my ability in the absence of other coverage. In the past three weeks, I have attended and reported on 11 public meetings. Sometimes it takes the equivalent of a full work day to research issues, attend a meeting and write it up. My daughter thinks I am crazy and sometimes I think so, too.

I retired from the Courier News in 2003. Barbara Todd Kerr created the blog as Plainfield Plaintalker in June 2005. I have been doing it on my own since early 2007 and created the successor blog, Plaintalker II, in 2010. As someone likes to say, it is what it is. If your comment is not published, it is because I decided not to publish it.

--Bernice

8 comments:

  1. We still don't need neo colonial puppet leaders in plfd , whether you publish it or not that's the truth, the yearning for justice by the people will produce a new political paradigm. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate all of your hard work. You treat it like a full time job. Unfortunately many people do not have a passion for anything and never find any fulfillment in life. I am sure they are not even happy with themselves and their own negativity. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As it should be (in regard to your last line). I'm thankful that you do what you do here on the blog. Dealing with blogging for so long myself, I'm still taken aback when folks attack the blogger, expect more from the blogger or complain about what's written. Then there are the ones who can't post what might be a legitimate gripe about the topic of an entry without resorting to name-calling and nastiness. I know what you're seeing, Bernice. But, please keep in mind that many of us who might not be commenting really appreciate your time, effort and talents here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a jewel in Plainfield, Bernice. People do not understand that putting forth facts does not mean that you are taking a stand. It seems as if you don't obviously state an opinion that agrees with them,

    You are clear when you are writing about your opinion, and I believe your blog stays true to a reporters writing.

    I thank you for your hard efforts. Quite honestly, I do not believe Plainfield would have any fair coverage about community events if it were not for you. Thank you a million times over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for doing what you do so well, Bernice. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I learned at working for the City .....

    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a former journalist, I expect fair and unbiased reporting. All I was doing is pointing it out.

    ReplyDelete