Friday, May 28, 2010

Garden Images

This rose bush was planted by Ned Taylor, a past resident of our building. It comes back every year and reminds our longtime residents of Ned.

Silver dollars (Lunaria) on the way to maturity. If only they were real silver dollars for us cash-strapped folks.


A close-up of a Sundrop. In a group, they are spectacular, though short-lived.
Neighbor Kimilla donated this spectacular lily to the garden.
Every day brings a new story to the garden. We hope you are enjoying your own unfoldings.
--Bernice Paglia

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your garden...I have an arbor in my backyard from a resident in my building from over 20yrs ago. It is simply COVERED in pink and red climbing roses. I had to weed it out this spring as the roses were being choked out by the weeds and briar bushes but they have bounced back quite amazingly. I only wish I had thought to paint the arbor. This fall, when everything dies off, I will knock back the roses so I can paint it a nice crisp white! I planted hosta and lilies, but only the lilies grew..

    ReplyDelete