Sunday, May 2, 2010

Welcome to Plaintalker II

Plainfield Plaintalker began in June 2005, a joint venture of myself and Barbara Todd Kerr. The initial goal was to inform residents of news, especially on municipal government and redevelopment in Plainfield, that the mainstream media may have skipped.

Along the way, we decided to add posts on other aspects of daily life in the Queen City.

Time constraints (Barbara was working, I was retired) led to my being in charge of the blog. I bought a camera early on to add images to my posts. Blog posts are reaching the 2,400 mark and my images number more than 1,500. With the five-year anniversary approaching, it seemed like time to launch a successor to Plaintalker.

I hope you will enjoy reading it. Plainfield Plaintalker remains online for research or going down memory lane. In Plaintalker II, you will still find news reports, vignettes of the city, nature photographs and occasional commentaries. As before, you may comment on any post, although comments will be moderated for good taste.

--Bernice Paglia

2 comments:

  1. I hope Plaintalker II will follow in the spin-free tradition of Plaintalker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am look forward to your continued success as the "true voice of Plainfield".

    ReplyDelete