Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Watching the Pot

Last night I decided to leave the school board meeting at around 9:30 p.m. I see that the meeting did not open until nearly 11 p.m., and after the nugget of news, it was not reported how long it took the board to deal with the 41-page agenda.

Lately I have had to do a lot of waiting. We are waiting to see whether our building will be sold, and waiting to find out what it might mean in terms of our living situation. I am presently waiting to see whether the latest repairs will mean the ceiling leaks will not recur. We are also waiting to see whether the landlord will pay the water bill before the latest shut-off notice kicks in.

As far as the whole Gallon story, there will be an outcome, but we don't know what or when.

An old adage comes to mind here, reminding us all to have patience and not to get all worked up while waiting for something to happen. Some may think the pot has already boiled, but I think it is still simmering and my attention is not needed every minute until it does come to a boil.

"Que sera, sera" and then you can read all about it. Surmising, speculating and second-guessing meanwhile might possibly be a waste of time.

--Bernice

1 comment:

  1. You must live in a Connolly building Bernice. I live at 735 Park, had to leave 606 Crescent because of a leaky roof, wet floors, walls and mold. Now I live in a much nicer apartment, but in this Connolly building the elevator has been out for nearly three weeks. I thought I fought for this at 606 Crescent, but I guess I have to fight for an elevator all over again. At least most of the residents seem to be willing to fight to make Connolly do his job. The sign in the lobby says, "Professionally manages by Connolly Properties." What a joke.

    ReplyDelete