Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day 2010

Last Memorial Day, Plainfield Plaintalker reported on ceremonies at the War Memorial and also posted on the memorial erected on the grounds of City Hall. At the suggestion of a reader, I am reposting the latter. Click here to read it.

Let us also think today of the many young men and women who have returned from Iraq and Afghanistan alive, but with loss of limbs and other very challenging conditions. They must be taken care of as they try to put their lives back together.

The ceremony last year was at 10 a.m. at the War Memorial. Plaintalker II will endeavor to be there Monday to see whether there is a ceremony this year.

--Bernice

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Bernice,

    I am sure it was an accidental oversight in your post, as soldiers are often "gendered" as male--we also remember the hundreds of women soldiers who have returned from these two wars with devastating wounds, and face challenges similar to the men you mentioned (in addition to other war trauma unique to female soldiers).

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bernice,
    I read on Dans site aboutr a shoot out at the Cook out is that true

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have to check back with Dan on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will thank you I am just so afraid to go out these days. I so wish they put an end to this violnce already. I know our police officers are out there doing their best. I hope they bring back the Police Chief to stop this violence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought you represented the spin free news well if they shootin at the park you gotta report it naMeen

    ReplyDelete