Sunday, July 18, 2010

Garden Marauder Contained

Here is the giant caterpillar the my neighbor and I found on her big tomato plant. It was a Tobacco Hornworm, which had eaten up a bunch of leaves and also attacked some fruit.

Thanks to the Internet, we got its history and identification right away, compared to the Tomato Hornworm.
Somehow, this insect got to live out its life cycle with a chapter in Park & Seventh environs.
Our opinion is that it came here in a pot from Down South , with larvae in the dirt.
One never knows, does one?
--Bernice

2 comments:

  1. Holy Smokes Bat Man...I would have jump out of my skin if I ran across that supersized inch worm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Other than the destructive factor, that's one cool-looking caterpillar. I love the "eyes" on it. It looks like it could eat puppies and small children, though.

    ReplyDelete