Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ought to Have Brought a Pashmina

I had a fleeting thought that it might be cold in Municipal Court for Monday's City Council meeting and even considered stowing a pashmina in my messenger bag.

Well, too bad I didn't follow my instincts.

Initially, the transition from 90-degree weather outside to air conditioning apparently in the 6os required only a somewhat odd bodily shift. But then as the bone-chilling temperature wore on, this writer became increasingly distracted. Finally, before public comment, I had to leave.

I have a thyroid condition that makes me mind the cold. As previously reported on Plaintalker, the newsroom summer temperature of 60 degrees used to force me to go outside to sit in my car and warm up.

BTW, my pashmina was a gift from daughter Audrey. It's not anything I would buy myself, but it is lovely and in August I may have to use it at the regular meeting.

If you plan to attend the next regular City Council meeting on Aug. 16, keep in mind that you may need a sweater, blanket or pashmina to get through the whole meeting.

--Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment