Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Seen on the Street

OMG! My favorite car, the SmartforTwo! I love this car and would have gladly bought one if not for fear of Escalades and other giant vehicles that might have squashed me like a bug on one of Plainfield's unofficial raceways.

Oh dear! Perhaps the driver was not so Smart ... check out the parking ticket.
I still love this car. I know there is a mid-life crisis where people (mostly men) go wild and buy red cars. If there is a female late-life equivalent, I still might cast caution to the winds and get one (maybe in lavender or luna-moth green, if such is available).
What is your dream car nowadays?
--Bernice

4 comments:

  1. I always wanted (and still want) a 1962 Austin Healey convertible -- in mint condition, of course. The Smart cars remind me of something the Jetsons would have except they don't fly. If they flew, I'd want one. They're very expensive even without flying.

    New dream cars? Oh, I'm boring -- not an SUV, something practical and not huge. Not tiny, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I worked within 10miles of Plainfield..I would gladly own a car like that! My problem...Route 78, Route 24 and 287...no way in a car like that !

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite: late 1940s Chevrolet truck--like my grandfather used to have up in Canada--that truck is part of my childhood--wish I could have one! The other favorite: the Hudson, as in Kerouac's "On the Road"--the only pilgrimage I ever made was up to Lowell, to his gravesite--ah, to be in one's 20s again!

    Lucky me, though--I actually own my dream car, Bernice: a pre-owned 2005 Hyundai Accent with manual door locks and windows, and for which I had to buy mirrors for the sun shades--lol! Next car will probably be a pre-owned Yugo!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love our pre-owned Prius..recently drove to Maine 54.8 mpg...loving that..and didn't feel unsafe on the Interstates.

    ReplyDelete