Thursday, September 30, 2010

Flagpole: Fail

I was wondering why there was yellow tape around a portion of City Hall grounds recently and today I discovered the reason.

The big flagpole now lying on the ground apparently had rotted at the base (look at it next to traffic cones at right) and had to be taken down. I had a few questions, such as how the city found out about the possible danger, how old the flagpole was, whether it could be re-used or at what cost might it have to be replaced.

However, my call to City Administrator Bibi Taylor got no response. I'm sure my request was way down the list of callbacks for Ms. Taylor, who has her hands full with many other issues. But that was the protocol, and at least I tried.

--Bernice

1 comment:

  1. Now a story about the flag pole sitters who used to come to Plainfield would be a feast for this reader! P.S. I kid you not !! Think Shop Rite on West Front Street !!

    ReplyDelete