Friday, January 20, 2012

Vandals Target Plane Tree

Last summer, I was rather appalled to see this damage on a tree by Kennedy Fried Chicken. It was gouged by a saw or machete.
The vandal had the nerve to autograph his work!
So Thursday I was going by and saw these big holes in the same tree. Why anybody would do this is beyond me. I couldn't tell what caused the holes. A drive-by? Target practice? This block has been the scene of a lot of violence, even homicides. Looks like even a tree isn't safe from harm on that block.

--Bernice

5 comments:

  1. Bernice, you are so right. That entire section of Park Ave is absolutely horrifying. The Mayor and police seem to allow the criminal activity that is apparent. I don't understand why Plainfield does not have a no loitering ordinance. It will help a lot to clean this city up and there is no reason why it can’t be enacted. I believe the surrounding towns have such a ordinance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernice, Walking that way many times I have often thought "At lease it was not me that had the initials carved into"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would call The Plainfield Tree Police
    I am sure they will get to the bottom of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard a rumor that the city wants to put in a subway in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cretons and low lifes. What can we do to get them out of here? The majority of Plainfielders are upright, respectful people.

    These other dirt bags bring our quality of life significantly down. I think one thing we need to do is stop allowing cheap and low class businesses here.

    We have our share of dollar stores and fast food joints (which are doing no one's health any good). Enough, let's get some quality stores here that reflect all of Plainfield, not just some.

    ReplyDelete