Wednesday, February 20, 2013

One More Try Today

I'm hoping today to pick up where I left off Friday, trying to get my taxes done. I had gone to the library as I thought that was where I scheduled my appointment, only to find I had to dash on foot from Park & Eighth to the Senior Center at 400 East Front Street. But after waiting there for an hour or more, I was told the computers were malfunctioning. It was after I trudged home that I got really sick for the rest of the day and then on into the long weekend.

I really appreciate the opportunity to have skilled AARP volunteers figure out my taxes and file electronically.  My retirement income is small, but as everyone knows, journalists can't do math very well (with a few exceptions - we had one person in the newsroom who could wrangle numbers and statistics and mountains of data with aplomb (shout-out to BB, now at APP).

Thanks to everyone who sent get-well messages. This is the first time in many years that I have gotten really sick and I realize the difference of being older and creakier. I appreciate your concern.

--Bernice

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you're on the mend! There is a horrible bug going around where I work. I'm hoping it's to the non-contagious point when I return next week after my week off. If it's knocking down 25-year olds, it can do a job on us folks who are somewhat older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wound up in the hospital last month with both a bacterial infection and a viral infection at the same time. All's well now, but I recommend paying attention to symptoms--especially you, Bernice, because we all need you!

    ReplyDelete