Friday, February 8, 2013

Remembering a February Storm

It was 20 years ago this month that I drove my daughter and son-in-law to the airport in a blizzard not unlike the one today. They were going to Seattle to search for an apartment. I picked them up in a rain storm when they returned, then later drove them to the airport again for their one-way flight to their new home town.

That experience of driving white-knuckled in white-out storm conditions on Route 22 led me to give up airport runs forever, once I had fulfilled my motherly duty to see them off on the third trip.

I feel sympathy for anyone who must drive in such bad weather. If at all possible, defer your trip to another day. At least you won't have to make an airport run today, as flights are grounded.

P.S. Audrey and Peter left Plainfield for Seattle without any prospects, but have done very well. I have visited often, and they are now waiting for me to fly one-way someday to join them in their West Seattle home.

No more nor'easters - it's a tempting thought on a day like today.

--Bernice


1 comment: