Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Repairman Cometh

Events of the day Monday displaced the time I might have had to write a blog post.

I scheduled an appointment Wednesday to get my land line phone fixed, only to have a repairman call me soon after to say he would be here in 15 minutes. He checked upstairs and in the basement and was about to climb up a utility pole when two phone company bucket trucks arrived on another call at our building. Eventually, both my neighbor and I had service restored. It was a better deal than waiting around in the time window from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday that was initially offered.

The shorter wait for repairs to be completed still delayed my errands and chores, not to mention my daily dose of lollygagging and daydreaming, so time just elapsed until I found myself nodding off at the keyboard.

Maybe I will get it together later today. It is National Voter Registration Day, so look for volunteers who will help you get registered, or stop in at City Hall and sign up. Don't you want to have your say on who should be president in 2013?

--Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment