Sunday, March 24, 2013

Mau's New Toy

Cats will make toys out of the weirdest things, as their humans soon discover.

Mau began playing with my ribbon book markers, which vaguely resemble snakes. He sometimes brings me one as a trophy, singing his special triumphant hunter song and depositing it next to my bed (as he does with stuffed toy mice).

He also likes to drown "snakies" in his water bowl before batting them around and making up chase-and-destroy scenarios.
Somehow his cache of one or two snakies has grown to four or five. I don't know where he is stealing them from, but as long as he is amused, it's fine with me if I can't find my place in my books.

--Bernice

4 comments:

  1. My 2 cats ignore expensive cat toys, but love pipe cleaners (cost about $1 for 50).

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the moment, my cat's favorite toy is a wrapped hard candy that I accidentally dropped on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of my cats carry stuffed mice around the house, the other two like to play with plastic bottle caps. The boys bat them back and forth -- like hockey players.

    Olive

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun. We too have a cat that hunts a braided red ribbon 3' long that we too call a snakie. He loves it when most of it is tucked under a throw rug, with an end in sight. He dives, slides and attacks it as we shout SNAKIE! It's a riot. This goes on every nite at 7pm. Silly, but it makes everyone happy! Such a cool Mau. Wil

    ReplyDelete