Thursday, May 23, 2013

No Venue, No Peace?

Columbine flowers resemble a flock of doves.
So I come in from some quiet time in the garden to find a response to my e-mail question about whether Washington School is being used for the mayor's event with Rev. Al Sharpton.

"I believe the venue has been moved out of district," says Business Administrator Gary Ottman.

So now what? The flyer passed out at the NAACP meeting has no contact number for updates. Rev. Al's web site still has the venue as Washington School. My peace is shattered by the prospect of trying to chase down an event I don't even want to cover after four night meetings already this week (and another one an hour from now).

This reminds me of the trouble I had to attend the NAACP meeting itself. Someone mentioned it to me, but when I checked the NAACP web site, it only had April listings.
 I had to e-mail Peter Briggs, who told me to look under "Meetings" to find the May 19 listing.

And now that I'm thoroughly cranky, why did the mayor sign her excuse letter with the same "SRobB" as was on the purchase order for the WBLS van to be in the 2010 July Fourth parade for $2,500? 
Why didn't she sign her whole name, as she did on the check for $20,000?

Grrr. Guess I just can't take the confusion any more. Give me peace!

--Bernice

5 comments:

  1. How do you have a community forum outside of the community? Makes me sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think outside the district means not in any of the schools. The organizers need to let people know where in Plainfield the meeting will be held, or whether it is canceled.

      Delete
    2. So does this mean that it is now a campaign event?

      Delete
  2. Her signature on checks is just a rubber stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So is the "community forum" going to be held at an undisclosed location? And how is the community going to find it if nobody knows where it is?

    ReplyDelete