Wednesday, March 7, 2012

New Turkey in Town

Walking home from City Hall today, I saw something unusual out of the corner of my eye. Investigating, I soon found myself tracking a turkey that was strutting behind buildings at East Seventh and Cleveland.

Here is the turkey attempting to trot across Cleveland Avenue.

Yikes! Does he know enough to look both ways?
Sanctuary! He reaches the grounds of Grace Episcopal Church.

I didn't see where he went after that. Hope he didn't run into the Cooper's Hawk, although the hawk is more used to dining on pigeons, as witness the feathers all over the place.

We have had deer, raccoons, opossums, skunks and groundhogs in our neighborhood, but this is the first time a wild turkey dropped by.

--Bernice

5 comments:

  1. Knock, knock
    who is there?
    turkey
    turkey who?
    the turkey that crossed the road!

    This is one is not from me but from one of my children who follows your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really......

    There is a big turkey who sits in the Mayors Office in Plainfield City Hall. I do think however, the one that crossed the road has more brains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I had one fly low nearby me in Bridgewater once. I ducked because it sounded like a helicopter of some kind buzzing me!

    It would be nice if Mr. Turkey visited the train station early tomorrow morning so I can snag some shots, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomorrows special at one of our fine eateries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry the Mayor has this turkey earmarked for her next political fiasco.

    ReplyDelete