Monday, October 20, 2014

Stabbing, Shooting Raise Questions

Maybe the NJ Advance Media report on a stabbing early Sunday explains the trail of what looked like spattered blood along Park Avenue.

I was walking to the PNC Bank and kept seeing big, dark red spatters along Park Avenue. The stabbing victim was found early Sunday in the 100 block of West Front Street. There were several large spatters every so often and then some drops at intervals. It was not a pleasant sight and I tried to convince myself it was paint or some other liquid and not the result of someone bleeding onto the pavement.

The article also mentioned a shooting that was picked up by ShotSpotter. By chance, the top item on my "whatever happened to ..." list was ShotSpotter, the gunshot detection system that was first proposed in 2010 and last heard of in 2013, when the company president came to Plainfield to discuss "tweaks" in the system. Instead of a $1 million purchase, the city had agreed to a $169,000 grant-funded lease. So is there still a lease and is it still grant-funded? I guess I have to find out.

--Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment