Monday, May 21, 2012

One More Glimpse of Seattle

The Rhododendron is Washington's state flower. Images of the flower are woven into carpet in the House Chamber of the State Capitol in Olympia and of course the real thing in bloom is everywhere throughout Seattle in Spring.
Audrey and Peter enjoy this view from their living room.
A much less loved flower is the dandelion. No visit to Seattle would be complete for me without some yard work. I used the Weed Hound to uproot a few dozen dandelions, which eventually went into a huge food and yard waste cart supplied by the City of Seattle.
Seattle's climate favors flowering plants. On a walk around the neighborhood, Audrey and I came across this overly ambitious ground cover that was taking over the sidewalk.
The ancient Romans had their Lares and Penates to guard the household. Audrey and Peter have this wooden statue of Frankenstein's creature. He's a big hit at Halloween, but mostly just stands by pensively.
He has been a fixture at apartments through all their moves before they settled in West Seattle.
All too soon my visit was over. I was lucky to see Mount Rainier one last time from the airplane!

Visit soon if you are able. Maybe this Seattle guide will entice you.

--Bernice

2 comments:

  1. The Rhododendron shots are stunning..thank you for sharing Bernice..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all the photos from Seattle. It's a place I've never been. Yet, through your photos, I feel like I've peeked in on it.

    ReplyDelete