Thursday, April 4, 2013

Journals Tell the Truth

Maple flowers

Reading my old journals takes a lot of time. So far I have read 1980 through 1997, covering some moves, job transitions, changing relationships and various states of mind. Memory is never as accurate as a journal, I am finding. Some of the entries are extremely evocative of my emotions at the time and of course the long view reveals patterns of behavior, good or bad, that I must acknowledge.

I still have more than 14 years to go, not counting scraps from the 1970s.

One striking thing reflected in these journals is the change in how news is gathered and disseminated. Even what counts as news has changed drastically. Once I get through all these journals I will have some commentary on that topic.

--Bernice 

No comments:

Post a Comment