Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year's Resolution

Looking for a New Year's resolution for 2014?

Try the 52-week Money Challenge.

I heard about it last year from David Holmes of The Computer Store on Park Avenue and decided to see whether he carried it through.Yes, he did, he told me Tuesday. If occasionally he had to borrow from the fund, he charged himself a $5 penalty, so he finished the year with about $1,500.

Holmes said auxiliaries at his church have adopted the challenge as a way to support their activities and several church members took part in the challenge as well.

I did not do it - got the rules mixed up and it sounded too difficult. Now that I understand it, I think I will do it.

Good health and prosperity are two standard wishes for the New Year. Here's a way to take some action on the latter.

--Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment