Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Two Meetings Thursday, Back-to-Back

Surprise! There are two meetings Thursday night.

I clicked on the city web site just now and saw there is a 7 p.m. budget presentation in addition to the 8 p.m. rescheduled City Council meeting. And they are in two different locations, several blocks apart, namely 400 East Front Street and 325 Watchung Avenue.

As a pedestrian, I wondered how long it would take to get from the first meeting to the second on foot, so I used Google maps and got this result:
Well, that was wrong. It points up why North Plainfield wants its own ZIP code or else why Google needs a tune-up. 

So then I tried the address of the Plainfield Police headquarters, which is part of the same building complex.
 Hmm... still a 10-minute walk. Too bad I don't own a Zippy or a Zappy.

This is one of those times that I wish teleportation or bi-location was one of my skills. It would not matter so much, except that budget matters are on the council agenda, so it would be good to know the administration's plans. 

(Hey, no smart remarks about brooms, please! )

2 comments:

  1. That sounds about right -- it takes me about 15 minutes to walk from my apartment to the train station. That is without huge snow and ice hazards along the way, mind you. This winter was murder and I spent too much money on taxis because I dare not fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is presenting the budget to whom? Is the council going to be at the presentation, and then the council meeting? Poor planning.

    ReplyDelete