Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hear State of the City on Jan. 3

From last year's slide show.

As the governing body considered the agenda for the annual reorganization at Monday's meeting, somebody noticed it did not have a listing for the mayor's State of the City address. It will be added, of course, but it made this writer recall a past Plaintalker post on the subject.

It seems our mayor prefers a PowerPoint slide show to a speech on how things are going in the Queen City. Last year's example ran to 30 pages and can be seen on the city web site.

In 2008, I was wishing for a more dynamic and inspiring address than one that consisted of rather long lists of details. As an example, I posted a "State of the Pedestrian Address" in honor of my favorite cause, walkability. Just for a laugh, I am offering this link to those who missed it or who might want to read it again.

Meanwhile, I am behind on collecting my thoughts for a "Year in Review" post, having only gotten as far as a sketchy list. I am hoping to get it together in the next couple of days.

--Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment