Friday, October 15, 2010

"Nightclubs" Now Banquet Halls

Although a legal notice on a proposal to redevelop the PNC Bank building referred to five nightclubs, I am told that at the Oct. 6 Zoning Board of Adjustment meeting the use was restated as "banquet halls."


I had a conflict and could not attend the meeting (see post here). A series of misfortunes has prevented me from listening to the tape, but I am still wondering about parking. Developer Frank Cretella is not required to provide parking in the central business district, but realistically speaking, banquet attendees need somewhere to park. The parking garage on the Park-Madison block is a logical possibility, if city authorities can work out an arrangement with the Union County Improvement Authority, which owns the garage.

After my vacation I still hope to review the tape of the meeting for more details.

--Bernice

2 comments:

  1. Banquet halls and nightclubs. Party city! Is there an alternate reality I'm missing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is marking the elevation with a Trader Joe's sign Frank C's idea of a cruel joke?

    ReplyDelete