Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow Scenes

Wednesday morning, the snow began falling. About four inches piled up quickly. Here's a view of our front yard.

On my way back from Twin City, I spotted this vehicle. Never saw one like it before. Its six antennae and long silver horns made it look ready to deal with any emergency in an elegant way.

Foot traffic made an intricate pattern on East Seventh Street. This sidewalk had been cleared once, but snow was still coming down hard.

I spent some time reading at night, with sleet rattling on the windows. At ten minutes to 2 a.m., I checked the snow on the front steps and got the reading above. It's not supposed to stop snowing for another four hours or so.

To-do list for Thursday: Dig out, shovel, get ready for the next storm.

--Bernice

2 comments:

  1. That truck is great! Are those rubber duckies on the top?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jackie,

    You are right! When I enlarged the picture, you can see the poor, little snow-covered, duckies. It made my morning even brighter. Thanks Bernice.

    ReplyDelete