Thursday, December 29, 2011

A First for Representation

As i have mentioned before, Democratic and Republican municipal committees allow for a male and female representative to be chosen in each of the city's 34 voting districts. As a registered Democrat, I have duly voted for committee persons on the ballot over my quarter-century in Plainfield.

What a surprise to receive a holiday greeting from my male representative this year, with complete contact information and a promise to look into any concerns I may have regarding my district.

This committee is supposed to be the most grassroots level of elected representation and I am glad to know my representative is taking his role seriously. The committee will have a great deal of hard work in 2012 for the party, but it is good to know that the personal concerns of residents will be heeded as well.

The Democratic Committee list is online here . Never mind the erroneous information at the top, the Ward and District information was correct the last time I checked. If you are a Democrat, I hope you will get to know your representative and vice versa in 2012.

--Bernice

3 comments:

  1. Bernice, most Democratic Committee members don't have the money to send Christmas cards to all the Democrats in their districts, much less the independent voters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Democratic Committee member doesn't have the money to send a card to everyone, so I sent a post card to the one's who voted and that wasn't very many. I work two jobs to pay my bills and don't have benefits. Just keeping it real.

    Bob Bolmer

    ReplyDelete
  3. A piece of paper and a pencil are cheap. I would think the biggest cost is the mailing of the card. An alternative is to walk the district and deliver the notes. But Bob couldn't do that as he is to busy working and calling people names.

    ReplyDelete