Sunday, December 4, 2011

Land Line: FAIL


My, my. Who knew that modern telecom elements include not only colored wire, but STRING and manila tags.

My neighbor's land line failed and after a week, a repairman showed up in one of those 12-hour time frames that Verizon offers (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.).

So he does something in the box pictured above, which has a very flimsy cover, and voila! her landline is fixed.

The next time I pick up my handset, guess what? No dial tone! Tag, I'm it! Now I have a 12-hour time frame several days from now in which to wait for a repair person.

If I knew where to get some of that excellent STRING, I might track down a couple of Dixie cups and at least my neighbor and I could talk on a homemade land line.

Meanwhile, I will have to rely on my cell phone for ringie-dingies this week.

--Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment