Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Zone for the Weary

Getting off the train Tuesday, I spotted this ribbon across a section of North Avenue.

I have seen plenty of yellow police tape, but never any like this. Having been rushing around all day, I thought it would be the very thing to festoon my bed when I crashed. Any overworked mother or harried homemaker might feel the same.

The odd thing was that this tape stretched across the street at the east end of the barricaded section, while the building thought to be on the verge of collapse on Dec. 17 was at the west end. The rest was marked off with standard yellow tape. In my many visits to the block since Dec. 17, I never noticed this tape before.

As it turned out, the building did not collapse and now the owner intends to reconstruct it. The street may finally be opened up in a few days. Hmm ... wonder if I can be there at the right time to get a piece of that tape?
Mau demonstrates a state of collapse caused by enduring a dark, rainy day.


--Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment