Friday, April 6, 2012

Flowers, Real and Imaginary

The Plainfield Public Library's lovely cherry trees are bursting into bloom. Here is a branch with Thursday's almost improbably blue sky as a backdrop. Click on the image for a closer view.
Over at the main train station, someone has chalked a fanciful abstract pair of tulips. I was entranced by these images last week, but was bound for Westfield without my camera. They were still in place Thursday when I walked to PNC Bank with a few detours for odd or pretty sights.
Outside City Hall, I saw these Trout Lilies in full bloom while on my way to the 59 bus. I have posted photos of these plants before, but the contrast of the sturdy, glossy leaves and the delicate, nodding flowers is worth another look while they last. They are among the quintessential harbingers of the season, as are their wild counterparts in Cedar Brook Park.

--Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment