Thursday, July 24, 2014

Passing Time Until Better Days

Chinese Forget-me-not

I got home from the hospital on June 24, but have yet to attend any meetings since then. So far I have missed two council meetings, a PMUA meeting, Planning Board and Historic Preservation Commission meetings and several events.

My month-long prohibition on lifting or carrying things is up, but I still ask my son to pull up the garage door. On a lot of days, I don't get any further than the yard and I have yet to take the bus to Westfield to go shopping.

This is all very frustrating to me, but I guess I have to put up with it until I get stronger.

The upside is that I had time to read a very good (and lengthy) biography of John Updike by Adam Begley, and several other books. I have been able to indulge my interest in collecting seeds, even though the garden is a rank mess from lack of care. I took note of the first fireflies and the first cicada. 

Audrey recommends binge-watching "Orange is the New Black" on Netflix to pass the time. Meanwhile, I just bought a 1,000-yard ball of No. 10 crochet thread and a new size 7 steel hook for the purpose of crocheting snowflakes. Hmmm. On second thought, maybe the snowflakes can wait. Bingeing sounds better.

Note: In light of what is going on around the world, I know this all sounds trivial. Believe me, I know.

--Bernice

4 comments:

  1. No...not trivial... you're a part of many of our daily lives. Take it at your own pace..listen to your body as I've been told many times ( to no avail lol ! ) .. be well Bernice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel well soon, Bernice. Take your time. You're worth waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you're not 100 percent yet. Get well soon. You have lots of readers who appreciate all you do to make Plainfield more transparent and better for its citizens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No trivial at all. You add a richness to Plainfield with your stories and knowledge. I am glad you now have the time to regenerate - although I am sorry for how that happened.

    Be well. Take care of yourself. We are all here waiting patiently for you. In the meantime, I rather enjoy your blogs on things other than Council meetings etc.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete