Thursday, March 17, 2016

RIP Charles Nutt


Image result for charles nutt

Very sad to hear that former Courier News publisher Charles Nutt is dead at the age of 67.

After retiring from Gannett, he became the owner and publisher of Free Times, an alternative weekly in Columbia, S. C.

His death by his own hand was reported in The State today;

I had great respect for him as a leader in the newsroom and will always be grateful for the chance he gave me.

One of my first Kindle downloads was his book, "Life Happens: How a Class of Catholic Baby Boomers Coped with a Changing World," which he dedicated to the students and teachers of the Class of 1966 at Morris Catholic High School in Denville. My own high school class is holding its 60th reunion this year, so I found his research and insights on coping with change very intriguing.

My condolences to his family and colleagues.

--Bernice 

No comments:

Post a Comment