Their email is info@njsba and their phone number is 888-88NJSBA.
Here is some general information on petitions from the Union County Clerk's office. My understanding is that petitions for the Plainfield April election must be handed in to the Plainfield board office, not to the county clerk.
Qualifications and Instructions for Petition
Candidates filing a nominating petition for school board must meet the following qualifications:
*Within 30 days of election or appointment to the board, a member must undergo a criminal history background investigation through the New Jersey Department of Education.
Instructions for Petition
- Before circulating the petition complete section “A. Nominating Statement” and section “B. Signatories” above the area for the signatures, printed name, residence and mailing address.
- Then have voters sign, print their name and print their complete residence. The candidate must sign if he/she is the person circulating the petition.
- Once all signatures are gathered the person who circulated the petition for the signatures must take the oath in section “C.Verification” before a notary public.
- Section “D. Notice” is the notice to which all candidates must comply.
- In section “E. Candidate’s Acceptance and Oath of Allegiance” the candidate must take the oath before a notary public.