Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Wishing for Spring

Every time I go to a doctor lately, I am asked whether I have had any falls. So far I have had none to report, but it is a reminder that I am now in the age group where falls are likely and will be dangerous.

So tonight when I ventured out for the first time since the blizzard and found large swaths of the sidewalk on East Seventh covered with ice, I turned around and went home. Some of these ice patches are in front of Municipal Lot 7. I am hoping to see some salt on them soon. The sidewalk in front of my building had not yet been touched since the blizzard when I took a taxi to the mall this afternoon, but it was cleared by the time I got back.
I am not interested in finding out the hard way which of my bones would not survive a fall, so I may skip a meeting or two while Winter is doing its thing. The good news is it's only about eight weeks until the first day of Spring! And Daylight Saving Time starts on March 13!

--Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment