Thursday, November 12, 2015

Hoops Hooray?

I hope it's true that the basketball controversy has been resolved.

My after-school activities leaned heavily to hanging out at the library, ineptitude at sports got me laughed off the field hockey team, and I have no knowledge of baseball, football or basketball. The thought of an hour or so of sports controversy tacked onto a double City Council meeting was giving me dyspepsia.

The initial situation seemed to devolve into a bunch of side issues, power plays, political attacks and surmises. I came to the conclusion that there was nothing I could or should say about any of it. The whole thing became, to borrow a term from the late Arlene Francis, unattractive.

Let's hope there was enough sportsmanship at the end that the main parties could shake hands and get on with things. Others who piled on will have more work to do to restore their standing or credibility.

--Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment